When it comes to top mascara these 5 are must must haves. I think mascara is the one beauty item (aside from lip balm) I could not live without. There is something about a bare face without lashes vs with lashes. Mascara literally wakes up my face. I have tried so many over the years but these stand out. I can typically tell by one try if its for me or not. It has to instantly lift without a ton of coats. It can not be too thin, too dry or too wet. All of these mascaras give me the length and volume I am looking for when it comes to a Mascara. They are not mentioned in any special order. If I had to say which ones I use the most it would be the L’Oreal Lash Paradise and the MARC Jacobs Velvet Nior. However when I wear any of these I have been asked if I am wearing false lashes or what type of mascara do I use!
TOP MASCARA: High End & Drugstore
- L’Oreal Paris Voluminous Carbon Black – SHOP IT HERE: This is such an oldie but goodie. Loved by many Celebrity MUA’s and its under $6 at Target This was my first real mascara I used once I started to wear makeup as a teen. It may not have been the carbon black but it was this original L’Oreal. I honestly probably saw it in Allure and went out and bought it.
- Cover Girl Lash Blast – SHOP IT HERE: This is the mascara that re introduced my love to drugstore mascaras. In my 20’s when I started making a bit more money I splurged on Bad Gal Lash By Benefit and Dior Show. Both which are fabulous but in recent months was not as impressed as I once was (Marc Jacobs is to blame). When I got engaged I said OK I need to cut back some and my sister in law loved this one so I tried it. What can I say? The volume and length is there! Its under $7 at Target.
- MARC JACOBS Velvet Nior – SHOP IT HERE: I was just recently introduced to this mascara when Marc Jacobs sent it to me. I have heard non stop things about it but I try not to give in to hype on products. Ohhhh the hype is real. This mascara I use the most along with my Loreal Lash Paradise which I can easily say is its drugstore dupe. Kinda… Either way you must try this! Sephora sells a Mini version which I think is great. See it HERE It gives you all the length and volume you want without feeling clumpy or dry.
TOP MASCARA: Continued
- L’Oreal Lash Paradise – SHOP IT HERE: I am obsessed!!! Especially because its drugstore and I literally live for amazing drugstore finds. I pair this with the L’Oreal Lash Primer (which is another must have) and its even better with the primer! The ONLY problem I have with this mascara is it appears to dry out fast. However it works so well for me and I get compliments ALL the time I will not let that be a deal breaker. Find it HERE at Target for under $10!!
- MAC In Extreme Dimension – SHOP IT HERE: This is the newest mascara I have tried. Iw as sent this as well by MAC Cosmetics and for as much of a MAC Junkie I am (See my INSTAGRAM HERE) I have never really tried their mascara. Crazy I know. I follow so many MAC MUA’s on the gram and they swoon over this and now I know why!!!
What are your top mascara choices? I am always looking to try out new ones especially from the drugstore! If you have not tried any of these out I strongly strong suggest them all. Like I said I wear the MARC Jacobs and the L’Oreal Lash Paradise the most but I reach for them all. They are constantly being re purchased or will be repurchased.
DISCLAIMER: Some products were sent for editorial consideration. Links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio.
Summer is in full swing and no one wants to be an oily mess lol. You all know I love to be dewy and glowing but once summer hits my T Zone gets very oily. Having a fabulous mattifying primer is key to controlling my shine in my problem areas. A new primer on the market is by Bobbi Brown, Primer Plus Mattifier. “A fresh, lightweight face primer that extends the quality of your foundation’s wear while controlling oil, blurring pores and helping keep skin’s moisture level balanced. Skin looks matte, never flat” – bobbibrown.com
Mattifying Primer: All The Details
- Price: $38.00 buy it HERE (I must say this is a very nice size. You will get your moneys worth!!)
- Controls Shine / Absorbs Oil: With a special powder technology
- Blurs Pores
- Breathable Finish
- Sodium Hyalurante: Keeps moisture level balanced
I really am enjoying this primer. I was just talking to my followers on my Instagram how most pore filling primers do not work on me but as long as it says blurring in the description I am good. This is a very light weight primer and has a silky texture. It has a white consistency that is not heavy. I think that is why thicker pore fillers do not work for me. For some reason they break up on my skin and then my foundation looks bad. Once applied even though its to give you a matte finish it almost feels hydrating! Crazy right? It does not dry you out just keeps all that oil at bay.
This primer paired with Bobbi Browns Foundation (see it here) works fantastic. It helps keep the foundation in place all day! I was not only impressed by this mattifying primer but the foundation as well. Another product that is breathable and feels like your skin. So tell me what are some of your must have primers to keep your face matte?
DISCLAIMER: These products were sent for a sponsored Instagram post. This blog post is NOT sponsored. Links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio.
It has been a long time since I have written about makeup dupes. I started this series on my Instagram when I started and then I kind of just stopped. Well I am back and I am ready to discuss dupes! High End Foundation Dupes to be exact! There is nothing I love more than to find affordable beauty products that perform. The Maybelline Fit Me Foundations are pretty much high end quality for under $10 at the drug store. There are two finishes available matte and dewy and today I want to break down how they are dupes for MAC and NARS Foundations. Of course there will be some differences but if you are looking for fantastic foundations that do not break the bank and compare to high end foundations this post is for you!
HIGH END FOUNDATION DUPES
Maybelline Fit Me: Matte & Poreless
“Maybelline’s pore-minimizing foundation contains their genius blurring micro-powders that erase pores and absorb oil for a naturally matte and poreless-looking finish” – ulta.com
- $7.99 at Ulta Beauty – Shop it HERE
- 40 Diverse Shades
- Natural Matte Finish
- Diminishes the look of pores
- Medium Coverage
This foundation is a dupe for MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Studio Fix also is a natural matte finish, helps minimize the look of pores and costs $30.00. Now if you are new here MAC is my Jam. When a High End brand is worth the splurge I buy. MAC & NARS are two brands that always work for me. I know not everyone can afford these prices or just maybe do not like the brands for whatever the reason may be. That is why dupes are fantastic!!! The MAC’s foundation works better for me because the shade I use C3.5 is perfect. I will tell you Matte & Poreless 130 Buff Beige is pretty darn close but its just a bit too cool for me. Does this stop me from wearing it? Nope!!! Find your perfect shade HERE.
Maybelline Fit Me: Dewy & Smooth
“This foundation blends seamlessly for light to medium, natural coverage that leaves skin the way it was meant to be – fresh, breathing, flawless” -ulta.com
- $7.99 at Ulta Beauty – Shop it HERE
- 24 Shades
- Natural Radiant Finish
- Medium Coverage that feels light
This foundation is a dupe for NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation. NARS is also a radiant finish, with medium coverage (it says full coverage but I find it to be more medium) that does not feel heavy on the skin and costs $49.00. One thing I can say about NARS is they have undertones ON LOCK!!!! They get it period! So because the Maybelline Fit Me foundation has less shades that is it’s only downfall however if it offers your shade this is an amazing dupe for NARS. I truly hope they extend this ones range to 40 as well.
If you are interested in the NARS Foundation I do have some swatches and full review of it HERE and If you are interested in MAC Posts you can find some of my most popular ones HERE and HERE.
DISCLAIMER: Links Associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio.