When I received my August Allure Beauty Box it got me thinking. Is it worth the $15 monthly price tag? I am here to give you the pros and cons and will also go into detail of what came inside the August Box. This way you get a closer look into this monthly subscription.
- The only Editor curated subscription box: I am a very loyal Allure Magazine reader so to have their editors pick out products makes me feel like I am apart of Allure.
- 5-6 products each month. Usually are true deluxe size samples and they have included full size as well
- The Mini Magazine that is included goes into great detail about each product in the box (What the product is, What is does, Ingredients, How it feels/looks, Why the editors like it, the price and where to buy it!)
- Able to try out different products for a fraction of the cost
- The packaging: It comes in a glossy red box that gives this subscription a luxurious feeling
- New Beauty Blogger? This is a great way to start a blog on a budget while testing and reviewing some of the hottest products on the market!
- $15 monthly price tag where other boxes that are a bit similar are $10
- End up with a stash of sample size products that never get used: This is my biggest issue right now. Allure offers a good amount of skincare samples. As most of you know I am going through a revamp of my skin care routine so I can not just try something out in the middle of trying to figure out current triggers ect.
- Sensitive Skin? Probably not the best option since there are so many skincare options each month.
- Expensive Full Price Products: Although I love beauty products when I see a sample of La Mer Soft cream that retails on the low end for $85.00 for .5 oz I know I will not try this because if I fall in love I can not justify this price point. I am all for beauty investments when the quality and performance is there but I am a very practical person as well. Case in point: $10 OR LESS TUESDAY on my Instagram.
Product details for the August Allure Beauty Box: All information provided below is from the Mini Mag that comes with the box for product reference.
Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50: Mattifying makeup-setting spray that will keep makeup in place, minimize shine and SPF. $28 Supergoop.com
Freeze 24-7 Anti Aging Eye Serum: Line Smoothing eye cream that makes skin look smoother and tighter for a few hours. $115 Freeze247.com
Pur – Lisse Blue Lotus Balancing Moisturizer: Lightweight hydrating lotion for normal, dry and sensitive skin. $55 Purlisse.com
Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base in Nude Radiance: Lightweight luminizing lotion that is champagne colored with a slight cooling effect on the skin. $48 Sephora.com
Cargo Swimmables Eye Pencil in Pebble Beach: A black brown color that glides over lids that is waterproof $18 Cargocosmetics.com
Wet Brush Midi Brush: Cushion Brush with long, flexible plastic brisles $8.99 Thewetbrush.com
Garnier New Whole Blends Honey Treasures Shampoo and Conditioner: $4.99 Garnier.com
I hope this helps you decide if you want to join in on this Subscription box. I will continue with this subscription for now as I look forward to it every month. My biggest con is the skincare concerns so some products are being pushed aside for the moment. What subscription boxes do you have? I would love to hear about them in the comments.