Do you ever find yourself having one of those months or weeks where your calendar is booked to the max? Well that has been me as of late and sometimes I don’t have time in between parties, events ect to redo my makeup or the space to carry a ton of makeup. When it comes to Day to Night Makeup we all want our application to last throughout the day and to not have to bring a huge makeup bag with us. Am I right here? Between diaper bags, presents, purse, jackets ect I don’t want to have to worry about what products I may have left behind in the midst of the chaos of life.
A couple weeks back I was headed out with my kids to my nephews birthday party which seems simple however my kids were going to sleep by my parents house that night while my husband and I attended an adult party that evening at a fancier restaurant. In between getting my kids to my parents and settled I was not going to have any time at home to reapply a fresh face for my night out. So I went with my tried and true products that will stay in place all day and created a look that would work for a kids party and a fancier adult party that night by adding only two extra products to save space and time! YAY!!!! You all know I love to rock a red lip and a glowing highlight, so by adding just those two products I was ready for a night out!
So lets get into the products I chose to create this day to night makeup look.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Primer: Been using this for 10 years. It just works for me period lol It makes my makeup legit last allllllll day.
- Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth Foundation: This is a new product for me however I am in LOVEEEE with the finish and how it looks on my skin so I knew I would not be disappointed and sure enough it lasted the whole day.
- Maybelline Brightening Creamy Concealer: If you follow me on Instagram you know I have been on such a concealer kick. This provides great coverage with a dewy fresh finish. Just what I like! Also because its not drying I knew if I had to apply a bit more later, the stick application would makes it easy and the formula blends like a dream. PS I didn’t have to reapply. Maybelline has gotten this down I tell you!
- Custom MAC Eyeshadow Quad: Shades – (corduroy, bronze, naked lunch and woodwinked) I have created my own MAC Palette that you can see here. Creating a custom palette is one of the best beauty investments I have made. I know every color will be used and I can then take colors and create my own quads for situations like this. These neutral shades are perfect to create a natural eye for day and a simple eye at night with a red lip! The Shade Bronze is a staple for me. I have said it before and I will say it again. If I can only have one eye shadow color for the rest of my life it would be Bronze by MAC. I kept it simple nothing too smoked out but just enough. Naked Lunch is also one of the best highlighting shades. So these colors together give enough shimmer for a night out but nothing over the top for the day time.
- MAC Great Brow: Shade Lingering – Sometimes when I am out during the day I don’t bother with my brows but because I knew I would be pressed for time my brows were fully done and ready to go!
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel: Ok this stuff is serious. Nothing will move I promise. Your brow hairs and the product(s) you used will not move with this brow gel. The hype is so real about this product. I know its a bit pricey for a brow gel but I use it for days like this where I know my makeup has to be on all day! Most certainty a high end beauty investment that is worth it!
- Loreal Voluminous Mascara Carbon Black: A true classic and a sure win to make sure your lashes look full and long.
Cheek & Lip Products:
Marc Jacobs Air Blush Soft Glow Duo: Shade Flesh & Fantasy – Talk about a perfect nude blush that you can use for day but keep it soft for a red lip at night! OMG you guys this blush is gorgeous on and gives the perfect nude flush to the cheeks.
NARS Bronzer: Shade Laguna – To be honest I am just obsessed with this cheek combo. Its perfect and with Champagne Pop it gets even better. Stay tuned as I know this cheek trio is on the pricer side but I am already searching my stash to find an affordable perfect cheek trio for you guys!
MAC Liptensity: Shade Driftwood – A perfect cool toned pinky nude. If you have not tried this line yet by MAC they are truly a must have in your collection. These lipsticks are so pigmented and moisturizing on with an array of colors to choose from. Driftwood is seriously a perfect nude. It can be worn at night as well with a dark smokey eye. Trust me! Perfection! Swatches of the entire MAC Liptensity line here
NYX Slim Lip Pencil: Shade Beige – For under $4 (USD) You must have these lip liners in your collection. I love Drugstore lip liners! They glide on, are super pigmented and come in sooo many colors.
So that completes my day look. Its a very simple neutral look. Bronzed eyes with groomed brows and nude cheeks and lips. So all I had to do when I got home before we left? Wipe off my lipstick and put on my lipstick and highlighter. It transforms the look completely.
Night Look Products (Highlighter and Red Lips)
BECCA Cosmetics Highlighter: Shade Champagne Pop – My holy grail highlighter always comes through for me. I popped this on my cheeks and my look changed from from added that perfect glow!
MAC Cosmetics Matte Lipstick: Shade Lady Danger: My holy grail red lip that never fails me. Gives off an orange – red tone to set off a neutral bronzed eye / Nude makeup look PERFECTLY! (I typically will line my lips with any red pencil I have handy or sometimes I do not even line my lips at all)
So there you have it! A full breakdown of the products I used to create the perfect Day to Night Makeup look. When these types of days come up I always reach for my tired and true beauty products. Its like when you travel with certain products you know those are the most trusted. Same rules apply for this. What products do you grab for when it comes to day to night makeup? Let me know in the comments below. I am always looking for more ways to achieve this on those oh so busy days!
*Some links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. As always Thank You so much for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio