With most beauty products we are always on the hunt for that perfect product that will work like magic. Concealer is probably one that is high on the list if you ask most women. Just like foundation, concealer can be very personal. Whether you like dewy concealers, matte concealers, full coverage or just enough to get you through the day it’s a preference. My preference is a dewy concealer that has medium to full coverage but some days I prefer light coverage. I also want the concealer shade to be pretty similar to my skin color. Don’t get me wrong I like a brightening look but not for everyday. Many concealers that will give you a more dewy look will also be listed as a natural or satin finish.
In the past year I have tried so so so many concealers including Tarte Shape Tape that has a cult following however it was too matte and too thick for me. It has fantastic coverage so I can see the appeal 100%, it just was not for me. My go to concealer use to be MAC Pro Longwear however it has becoming too drying under my eyes and I blame my kids and good ole aging lol. I have been wanting to give that a whirl again I am not going to lie. Maybe mixing a more matte concealer with a dewy concealer since mixing is my new go to lol but for now here are my Top Dewy Concealers that I recommend from drugstore to high end!
I have included the shade names below for your reference as well. I do want to say there is no particular order here. I use ALL of these on the regular. I would say for a more pulled together look and or event the Bye Bye Under Eye, NYX Gotcha Covered and Marc Jacobs are a go to. The others are lighter weight and I will mix them with a more full coverage concealer or use for everyday no makeup, makeup looks.
Swatches from Top To Bottom: (Click Names to Shop)
NYX Gotcha Covered: $5.99 and available in 20 shades
- Full Coverage
- Infused with Coconut Oil
Bye Bye Under Eye Anti – Aging Concealer: $24.00 available in 6 shades
- Full Coverage
- Infused with hydrolyzed collagen, peptides, vitamins, hyaluronic acid and antioxidants
Amazing Concealer Hydrate: $32.00 available in 10 shades
- Light to Medium coverage (I prefer to mix this one with others especially if others seem to light since this shade is a bit dark for me – but I love the way it looks under my eyes)
- contains sodium hyaluronate to help plump skin while smoothing away fine lines and wrinkles
MAC Mineralize: $23.00 available in 13 shades
- Medium Coverage
- Provides instant hydration
- Enriched with minerals and botanicals
L’Oreal Pro Glow: $9.99 available in 8 shades
- Light Coverage (I have noticed a funny smell with some. I had 4 to choose my shade but it does go away and it was not in all of mine. I prefer this for no makeup makeup days. I think this is also great for a younger person looking to have a little coverage and who is just starting with makeup)
- Very Blendable and can be used for highlighting as well
Re(MARC)able Full Cover Concealer: $32.00 available in 7 shades
- Full Coverage
- Ingredients include Shea Butter and Coconut Extract
Dream Brightening Creamy Concealer: $7.99 available in 6 shades
- Light Coverage
- Formulated with light reflecting pearls
What concealers are you loving at the moment? Do you prefer full coverage and matte? Light and Dewy? Let me know because no matter what I am always looking for more to try!
A few that are on my list to try … ok ok more than a few lol!!!
- Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer
- Maybelline FaceStudio Master Conceal
- BareMinerals Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
- No7 Radiant Glow Concealer
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer
If you have tried any of these I would love to hear your thoughts!