While I was attending the Bare Minerals event this summer I met two fabulous women from Dermaflash. Once they asked me if I have tried it and I said no and they said I must must try it! Now I m not going to lie, I was honest with them because I was scared to try this. I asked all the questions…. does it hurt? Will my hair grow back thicker? Darker? Will it irritate my skin? One of the girls being a fellow Italian calmed my nerves that I do not need to worry about my hair growing back thicker lol A week or so later it showed up at my door and they even walked me through it over facetime! As a brand they were already impressing me! So what is Dermaflash exactly????
Per the Sephora Website:
“DERMAFLASH was inspired by Dermaplaning, a costly exfoliation procedure available only in medical spas or doctor’s offices. The treatment gently removes the outer most layer of skin, with a scalpel, to reveal a brighter, smoother complexion. DERMAFLASH brings the effectiveness of Dermaplaning home, comfortably and safely. Great for women of all ethnicities and ages, this is a revolutionary device that uses a subtle sonic vibration paired with a stainless steel Edge to sweep away dead, dull skin cells, debris, and peach fuzz for skin that’s soft, dewy, luminous, and younger-looking”
Nair has always burned my skin on my upper lip and wax has broken me out. I really wanted something to assist with the peach fuzz on the sides of my face. I have heard about women “shaving” their faces but I was too scared. With these three steps you are set and for me I am able to do it every 2-3 weeks. It is suggested to do it weekly but for me it was not needed. I waited to write this post so I can see if it really worked and if my skin would react to not only the flashing but to the products that are in the system. I am here to say that I love it and its something every women should incorporate into their beauty routine! It does not hurt, my hair did not grow back crazy or thicker and my skin looks better
DERMAFLASH three-step system:
Prep, Edge & Sooth
- Prep your skin with the included cleanser. This cleanser is gentle and does not leave your skin feeling dry
- With a new edge you use short strokes and the guide you see above lays it out so easy for the user. It opens and gives you step by step instructions with pictures. I am very visual so I appreciated this added feature. When you flash you will remove built debris, dead skin cells and my absolute favorite part the PEACH FUZZ lol
- Last but not least you will sooth the skin with the hydrating moisturizer. Again this is gentle and did not irritate my skin
MORE PRODUCT INFO:
- The System is $189.00 and is sold at Sephora.
- Replacement sets are $39.00 and sold at Sephora
- You get 6 weeks worth as there are 6 edges included. However again I found I do not need to do this weekly for my peach fuzz. You can easily do this every 2-3 weeks.
- They have a direct website with even more details, how to’s and guides
My Final Thoughts:
Do I think you need this in your beauty routine? YES!! If you have peach fuzz or dry skin this will help tremendously. Makeup can only do so much, its your skin care routine that matters and this is skincare! As I have gotten older, skincare has become my top priority. My makeup application looks better and more flawless when my skin is at its best!
This can be pricey and I understand that but its a lot cheaper than getting this type of procedure done in the salon. I do wish however the edges were sold by themselves as I do think you can use your own cleansers and moisturizers. However I have been told it all works in conjunction to give the best results. So I will say okayyyyy I get it! Who doesn’t want the best results? I know I do!
I want to hear your thoughts? What are you currently using for hair removal on your face?
DISCLAIMER: Dermaflash was sent for editorial consideration. Thoughts and opinions are my own. Links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio
Winter is coming and no I am not talking about Game of Thrones, I am talking about Chicago. Wind burning your face and temperatures below zero type of winter is coming lol My skin takes a beating every year and my skin ranges from Normal to Combo but when its dry its very dry! When it comes to must have products to combat my winter skin and really all year long Kiehl’s products are my go to. Kiehls products can be a bit more costly however a little goes a long way so the product will last you a good amount of time! I do use these all year long but in the other seasons I am able to try more or be bit more flexible because I am not soooo dry! Lets talk about these Kiehl’s must have skin savers! Bonus?!!!?? Kiehl’s is now sold at Sephora!!
- Ultra Facial Cream: This face cream is well creamy and leaves my skin hydrated and dewy. It can be a bit wet to the touch at first. It doesn’t dry down fully for a while but I prefer this. It offers 24 hours of hydration and is available in three sizes, one being only $16 so its a great way to try this product. Kiehl’s recently added a SPF option which I was using over the summer and loved it.
- Midnight Recovery Concentrate: Midnight Recovery will give you moisture with just 2-3 drops. It can be used alone or with your favorite nighttime moisturizer. Sometimes I just add one drop into my moisturizer and it is still hydrating enough! With a blend of oils, including lavender, evening primrose, and squalene you will have softer and smooter skin by morning.
- Daily Reviving Concentrate: If you want to glow then you need this! Again all it takes is 2-3 drops but even with one drop mixed in your moisturizer especially if you are using the Ultra Facial Cream. With antioxidant protection and a blend of natural oils, including ginger root, sunflower, and tamanu you will not regret this purchase.
- Cucumber Herbal Conditioning Cleanser: A newer cleanser to the Kiehls family. I have been using it for about a month now and love it! Suitable for all skin types but specifically those with dry and sensitive skin (its my perfect match lol) It is a foaming gel formula that will not strip your skin and leaves the skin feeling smooth and soft. One thing that will turn me off immediately to a face wash? Dry and tight skin after I dry off my face. This one will not do that to you I promise!
- Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado: I can not say enough about this eye cream. It literally saved my dry under eyes. After kids my skin changed and this brought life back to my eye area due to the avocado oil this is infused with. I prefer to use this at night because it is a bit thick (in a good way) and I have other day creams I use but for night this cream is amazing! Again a little goes a long way so no matter what size you choose you will get a lot of bang for your buck!
- Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Mask: Do not tell my husband I told you but he is obsessed with this mask. The first time we both tried it he said “you can tell this is a good high quality mask” (his exact words lol) This is made to use during the day to brighten your skin and yes it does just that however it exfoliates as well. This is where my dry skin loves it! When you are ready to remove the mask all you need to do is take a wet rag and go in circular motions and let the cranberry seeds work their magic. Your skin will be feeling fresh, bright and smooth!
Here are some of my Kiehl’s Wish List Items:
Well there you have it, my must have Kiehl’s products and a few I am looking to get my hands on in the near future! What skincare items are you loving? Do you have a Kiehl’s product you love that I didn’t mention? Let me know below!
DISCLAIMER: Products were sent for editorial consideration. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links and help support this site. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by IHerb and products were provided for reviewing purposes. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
In recent months I have started to pay attention to ingredients of what is in my skincare products and when I went for my last facial I was told I need to exfoliate 3 times a week. I knew I wanted to try out Aveeno’s face scrub along with others from the Positively Radiant Line. You all know I love affordable beauty and have been paying close attention to ingredients so Aveeno was the perfect match! Per the IHERB website: “Positively Radiant is a collection of facial skincare products uniquely formulated to target all 5 Factors of Radiance – tone, texture, dullness, blotchiness and brown spots – to leave skin fresh, awake and luminous.
Being a mom my sleep is never stable and my skin suffers. Looking awake and luminous is key for my beauty routine and a must have with products I use. The face scrub is gentle for my sensitive skin and has been leaving my skin feeling fresh and awake. I can see a different in my texture and dullness and would suggest to try this scrub out if you are dealing with texture and dullness. One of the best things you can do is exfoliate 2-3 times a week and this scrub is perfect.
When we think about natural beauty products sometimes that means going to a special store but now they are more accessible than ever and with IHERB the process is quick and easy. IHERB has one of the largest selections of high quality natural products including the natural beauty products we love from the brands we love! With over 35,000 products you are bound to find what you are looking for. IHERB ships to over 160 countries and is a Google Trusted Store with a customer service team that provides support in 10 different language
Shopping on IHERB was super easy. Its very user friendly where you can search by brand or by condition (ie: Anti Aging, Women’s ect…) You are able to find your products, add to your cart and check out. The prices are comparable to other retailers and the shipping was ridiculously fast. It felt like next day but it was probably 48 hours. Shipping is also free if you spend $20 which is better than seeing $50 which is what seems to be the standard and I hate that lol. Please tell me I am not the only one!
Aveeno Products: (click product to shop!)
If you are interested in trying Aveeno products or stocking up on your favs, you can get 10% off your Aveeno Order on IHERB by clicking HERE!
Do you use Natural Beauty products, if so what are some of your favorites? Have you shopped on IHERB before? Let me know in the comments below. I”d love to hear your thoughts!
Origins has been a favorite skincare brand of mine for about 10 years now. Most products I have tried and used do what they say and do not irritate my skin in any way, which is always my biggest struggle with finding skincare. I have used the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and love it! Its a best seller for a reason (hint if you have not tried it you should) When I received the Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Exfoliating Cleansing Powder I was so intrigued for multiple reasons! One since I love the Mask I thought okay this has got to be good. Two its a powder and that is very new to me and three my pores have been looking quite gross as of late.
Per the Origins website: “See pore-fectly pure skin in just 7 days! This concentrated powder water-activates into a creamy, effervescent cleanser. Ultra-absorbent Bamboo Charcoal clears pores of deep-dwelling dirt, debris and toxins. While the exfoliating formula buffs away dull, dead cells. Skin feels soft, smooth and completely refreshed”
So does this active charcoal cleansing powder do what it promises to do?
YES! My pores in just a little over a week are visibly smaller and look less gross LOL! On top of that my skin feels smoother and looks less dull! The only trouble I had at first was determining how much product to use but you only need a small amount to get the job done. The above picture is the right amount for me. I add water and start rubbing my hands together to create the creamy cleanser. One thing to remember: less water = more exfoliation. So on some days I do this when I can tell my skin needs a bit more scrubbing! My skin type is combo with dry skin on my cheeks and side of forehead with an oily T Zone. Therefore my T Zone typically suffers the most with unwanted clogged pores due to the oiliness.
I have been using this cleanser in conjunction with my La Roche – Posay cleanser which I absolutely LOVE by the way. I switch off between morning and night with both and its just working. When you see results on your skin its such a good feeling. Since my skin is loving it I am going to add in the Origins Charcoal Mask in my rotation to combat my pores to the max hehe! I have tried many face washes before and this is by far the best for pores in my opinion.
What face washes are you loving? What are your must have products to combat pores? Let me know in the comments below.
*BPAMC was sent this cleansing powder as a PR Sample. As always my thoughts and opinions are my own and honest. Some links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support