If you are anything like me its hard to keep my eye shadow in place all day. Sometimes even the best primer and eye shadow just doesn’t cut it, especially in the summer. I have never tried waterproof makeup before but I will say these Cargo Swimmables Longwear Eye Shadow Sticks have me wanting to try more. These do NOT, I repeat do NOT budge. I have been testing these for a a few weeks now but 4th of July was the real test. I was up and out of the house at 930am and back home at 1030pm. My eye shadow was still in place and looked untouched. When they say these are waterproof they are 100%. Now I did not go swimming but it was very humid that day here in Chicago and I was outside all day with family and chasing after my kids which works up a sweat as is lol
Per the Ulta Website: “Swimmables Longwear Eye Shadow Stick is a lightweight, crease-proof water-resistant cream eye shadow! High coverage formula glides on. Once applied the formula has a 20 second play time to be blended out before it sets. Color stays true and lasts as long as you do – it only comes off when you take it off!” The pigment is insane on these and they do blend beautifully but you do have to be quick because after that 20 seconds they dry and do not move. I found using my Bioderma and then my Kiehls Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil combined removed the product well but it took a lot to remove so these are the real deal.
- 8 shades available
- available at Ulta.com, Kohl’s & CargoCosmetics.com
- HOW TO USE: Per Ulta’s Website: “Glide the eye shadow stick onto eye lid, crease, brow bone or outer corner. Blend outer edges with fingertips or Magic Eye Brush within the 20 seconds of application before the product sets. Eye shadow stick can be layered underneath and over powder shadows, as well on its own”
Shades from Top To Bottom:
- Hudson Bay – shimmer gunmetal
- Paradise Bay – shimmer aqua
- Morro Bay – shimmer deep brown with purple undertones
- Island Bay – shimmer bronze
- Sandy Bay – matte taupe
- Palm Bay – shimmer deep olive with gold undertones
- Botany Bay – matte light pink/nude
- Glacier Bay – shimmer light champagne
My favorite shades are Morro, Island and Glacier. These colors are perfect for that bronze eye makeup look with a nude lip or pop of red for a more glamorous look. I would recommend these if you are looking for makeup to travel with if you will be swimming etc or just in general for a really good eye shadow for summer that will not budge while you are out and about all day!
What is your go to waterproof makeup? Have you tried these before? I would love to hear your thoughts.
More Summer Makeup Posts:
**DISCLAIMER: Products were sent for editorial consideration. Thoughts and opinions are my own. Links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio