While I was attending the Bare Minerals event this summer I met two fabulous women from Dermaflash. Once they asked me if I have tried it and I said no and they said I must must try it! Now I m not going to lie, I was honest with them because I was scared to try this. I asked all the questions…. does it hurt? Will my hair grow back thicker? Darker? Will it irritate my skin? One of the girls being a fellow Italian calmed my nerves that I do not need to worry about my hair growing back thicker lol A week or so later it showed up at my door and they even walked me through it over facetime! As a brand they were already impressing me! So what is Dermaflash exactly????
Per the Sephora Website:
“DERMAFLASH was inspired by Dermaplaning, a costly exfoliation procedure available only in medical spas or doctor’s offices. The treatment gently removes the outer most layer of skin, with a scalpel, to reveal a brighter, smoother complexion. DERMAFLASH brings the effectiveness of Dermaplaning home, comfortably and safely. Great for women of all ethnicities and ages, this is a revolutionary device that uses a subtle sonic vibration paired with a stainless steel Edge to sweep away dead, dull skin cells, debris, and peach fuzz for skin that’s soft, dewy, luminous, and younger-looking”
Nair has always burned my skin on my upper lip and wax has broken me out. I really wanted something to assist with the peach fuzz on the sides of my face. I have heard about women “shaving” their faces but I was too scared. With these three steps you are set and for me I am able to do it every 2-3 weeks. It is suggested to do it weekly but for me it was not needed. I waited to write this post so I can see if it really worked and if my skin would react to not only the flashing but to the products that are in the system. I am here to say that I love it and its something every women should incorporate into their beauty routine! It does not hurt, my hair did not grow back crazy or thicker and my skin looks better
DERMAFLASH three-step system:
Prep, Edge & Sooth
- Prep your skin with the included cleanser. This cleanser is gentle and does not leave your skin feeling dry
- With a new edge you use short strokes and the guide you see above lays it out so easy for the user. It opens and gives you step by step instructions with pictures. I am very visual so I appreciated this added feature. When you flash you will remove built debris, dead skin cells and my absolute favorite part the PEACH FUZZ lol
- Last but not least you will sooth the skin with the hydrating moisturizer. Again this is gentle and did not irritate my skin
MORE PRODUCT INFO:
- The System is $189.00 and is sold at Sephora.
- Replacement sets are $39.00 and sold at Sephora
- You get 6 weeks worth as there are 6 edges included. However again I found I do not need to do this weekly for my peach fuzz. You can easily do this every 2-3 weeks.
- They have a direct website with even more details, how to’s and guides
My Final Thoughts:
Do I think you need this in your beauty routine? YES!! If you have peach fuzz or dry skin this will help tremendously. Makeup can only do so much, its your skin care routine that matters and this is skincare! As I have gotten older, skincare has become my top priority. My makeup application looks better and more flawless when my skin is at its best!
This can be pricey and I understand that but its a lot cheaper than getting this type of procedure done in the salon. I do wish however the edges were sold by themselves as I do think you can use your own cleansers and moisturizers. However I have been told it all works in conjunction to give the best results. So I will say okayyyyy I get it! Who doesn’t want the best results? I know I do!
I want to hear your thoughts? What are you currently using for hair removal on your face?
DISCLAIMER: Dermaflash was sent for editorial consideration. Thoughts and opinions are my own. Links associated with BPAMC are affiliate links. Thank You for your constant love and support to Beauty Products Are My Cardio